Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Down in Fraggle Rock

Dance your cares away.  Worries for another day.  Let the music play.  Down in Fraggle Rock.  <Said in a small and frightened voice>  Yes, when Yours Truly is a wee bit crazy, she whistles and sings the theme song to Fraggle Rock over and over again.  No, really, tonight I am certifiable.  I keep alternating between  nearly bursting into tears and wanting to punch the Obnoxious Hipster who refuses to stop talking on his phone while dancing in the middle of Bloomington's Soma.  Everything seems either annoying or dangerous.  For example, I didn't even start at Soma.  No, I began my evening at Starbucks, but, after three minutes, concluded it was an unacceptable spot.  No rational reason why...just a hunch.  Starbucks was bad, tricksy, FALSE!  And, for that reason, should be avoided.  Okay, FINE, maybe its not the coffee chain that flipping my switch tonight.  Maybe its that life provides no reassurances.  No promises that things won't hurt.  That I won't fall apart again.  That my birthday, which inches ever closer, won't leave me in the fetal position again.  I'm terrified...and, outside of praying, I don't know what to do.  Maybe I just to take a leap of faith, believe things will be alright, and sing while I go wembling along.  Dance your cares away.  Worries for another day. Let the music play.  Down in Fraggle Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment