Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happiness Doubled By Wonder

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." (G. K. Chesterton)

"Well I came home like a stone/And fell heavy into your arms/These days of dust, which we've known/Will blow away with this new sun/An I'll kneel down wait for now." (Mumford and Sons)

Listen Kids, craziness comes with few perks.  Oh, sure, you've a proper excuse to burst into tears at any moment, but, keep in mind, your waterworks are tiresome to those around you.  Not to mention, you draw looks.  But that's the problem with being crazy, isn't it?  You can't help bursting into tears, begging for grace, and being generally insufferable.  So where am I going with this, right?  Well, when you come apart you find out who means the most in your life.  You see, its easy to love and care about someone at their best, but when you're at your worst the people who stick around are the ones you hold onto.  They're the ones who matter.  Screw everyone else!  For me, a person who fell face down almost a year ago now, that means that this Thanksgiving I think I'll say an extra prayer for the friends who supported me, a brother whose always there, and someone very special because gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.




No comments:

Post a Comment