Friday, December 14, 2012

Lathe of Heaven

“Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” Ursula K. Le GuinThe Lathe of Heaven
“But now his dry and silent grieving for his lost wife must end, for there she stood, the fierce, recalcitrant, and fragile stranger, forever to be won again.” Ursula K. Le GuinThe Lathe of Heaven

Tonight, I wanted to discuss Ursula Le Guin's LATHE OF HEAVEN, to tease out the relationship between George Orr and Heather...to think about dreams.   But I can't.  Not tonight.  Its as if what I want to say is just on the tip of my tongue (or fingers), but something is holding me back. Perhaps its too personal.  I do that, you know.  Personalize books and movies.  Its not particularly healthy.  I'm working on breaking the habit.  Discuss it in therapy. Anyway, for now, this is a lost cause.  I guess I'll just sit here with thoughts of George and Heather and evil Dr. Haber, and how they all relate to my current situation floating around in my messed up brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment