Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One of My Nicest Thoughts

“Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.” (Georgia O'Keeffe)  Flowers, friendship, and love all take time to grow.  Maybe because I am impulsive by nature, grasping that particular concept has been difficult for me.  Oh, don't get me wrong here.  I've never been a Love at First Sight Gal.  Nope, Yours Truly is far too suspicious for that.  However, while I am slow to take in the bigger picture, to see what is standing in front of me, once I finally do, I gobble up the details quickly, aligning the planets and stars as I go.  Then, as my heart pounds and all the colors in my world become vivid, I proceed to fall hard and fast.  But, I'm weird, Guys, and more than a little crazy.  Most people don't process feelings like I do.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  In fact, that different type of processing is what a compliments a personality like mine, wild and unhinged.  We're complicated creatures and, anything worth waiting for takes time to grow.  So if you, like me, are far too impulsive for tonight content yourself with this knowledge. “You are one of my nicest thoughts.” (Georgia O'Keeffe) 

No comments:

Post a Comment