Friday, December 28, 2012

Panic Attack!: Part II

Guess what, Kiddies!  Yours Truly is having another panic attack.  Want to come along for the ride?  Sure you do!  Weeeeeee.  See! Spiraling out of control is fun.  (In the same way, plummeting to your death after removing your seat belt on a roller coaster ride is a blast.)  Okay, here's my problem: Nothing has changed.  No dilemmas.  No drama.  No devastation.  Things are holding steady...which leads me to conclude, in the words of General Ackbar, ITS A TRAP!  Something is lurking.  Waiting until I'm all hopeful and sane to crush me like Nero crushed Poppea.  That's right!  This Gal is getting her hopes up for 2013 only to have them jumped on.  Up and down!  Up and down!  We know what's coming (she says in a paranoid way). If you want the truth, Rational Jennifer doesn't believe a word of this (well, not most of it at least).  She thinks things are looking up.  That something wonderful is just around the corner...maybe...hopefully.  But Rational Jennifer isn't here right now.  Crazy Jennifer is here and she's a nervous wreck.  And don't expect a moral to my rambling today.  The best I can give you is the Bible verse I'm clinging to with both hands at the moment.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

And that's what I'm praying for, Kids, hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment