Monday, December 10, 2012

The Man With the Plan

Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone. 

If ya can't tell Yours Truly is having a rough night.  Maybe its silly to be frightened, but...  Kids, life is a chaotic mess, and, personally, I'm just not comfortable with that.  No, I am NOT a free spirit.  Some Little Granola Hippie celebrating the vast and awesome unknown.  Screw that shit.  I'm Verbal Fucking Kint, the man with the plan (if you don't understand reference then educate yourself and watch The Usual Suspects).  And I want reassurances.  Is that too much to ask?  I don't think so.  But what can ya do?  Well, I suggest focusing on the things you CAN control...like how many cats to own and whether you want tea tonight.  What?  You go right ahead and dream big.  I'm being realistic here.  And then pray.  My adviser's wife sent me the following prayer for my birthday because she knew the day was causing me much anxiety.  It didn't fix everything, but helps.  And I appreciate the thought.

    Watch over your child, O Lord, as her days increase; bless and    guide her wherever she may be. Strengthen her when she    stands; comfort her when discouraged or sorrowful; raise    her up if she falls; and in her heart may your peace which    passes understanding abide all the days of her life;    through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment