Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Adventures in Slow Cooking: New England Clam Chowder

Confession: I cannot cook.  No, really, Yours Truly lacks the skill to make even the simplest of dishes including rice.  That means that when I developed a nut allergy a couple years ago one of the mainstays in my diet, Peanut Butter and Jelly, was suddenly gone.  I was devastated.  Heartbroken.  I still am.  To this day, I refuse to do the Peanut Butter and Jelly Dance.  Anyhoo, due to these dire circumstances, this January, I am pursuing two interrelated New Years Resolutions: Eat Better and Exercise More.  Now, don't get me wrong here.  When I say "eat better" I do not mean Rice Cakes and Slim Fast Shakes.  Yuck!  What I do mean is actually consuming nutrients and going for walks which will give me more energy...and maybe make me less crazy.  To that end, I found this Awesome Blog dedicated to the Crock Pot entitled A Year in Slow Cooking (baby steps people, I'm no Julia Child.  I possess a tiny attention span and burn the shit out of everything.  Also, to be real honest, even as a little girl I found Child TERRIFYING).  That means tonight, I am going grocery shopping and tomorrow I will attempt to magically concoct a delicious bowl of New England Clam Chowder.  Yum!  Hopefully.  Tomorrow night, I'll give ya'll the inside scoop on my first foray into cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment