Monday, January 21, 2013

The Great Perhaps

"Francois Rabelais.  He was this poet.  And his last words were 'I go to see  a Great Perhaps.'  That's why I'm going.  So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking the Great Perhaps." (John Green, Looking for Alaska)  If you want my opinion (and if you don't then why are you reading my weblog?), life is not what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.  John Lennon was wrong.  With age, I am beginning to suspect that life is what  happens when we take chances and chase our desires, despite the risks.  And therein lies the catch, I guess.  Not a huge fan when it comes to risk taking.  I need assurances.  Handholding.  Hugs and Lullabies.  But, unfortunately, no one offers those sorts of safety measures.  Trust me, People.  I've looked.  So what is a Insecure, Bipolar, and Terrified Gal to do?  I think the answer might be: Suck it up and seek the Great Perhaps.  Futures do no simply fall in our laps.  A future is defined by what dreams we are willing to chase, the Great Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment