Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cat Stevens, Hamster Stranglers, and Crazy Bitches

You can do what you want
The opportunity's on
And if you can find a new way
You can do it today
You can make it all true
And you can make it undo
You see ah ah ah
It easy ah ah ah
~Cat Stevens

Confession: I love Cat Stevens, almost as much as I love Billy Joel.  I...just...can't....help myself.  Its that good for me.  Who doesn't Love "Wild World"?  What? Its just me?  That can't possibly be.  Sing it with me now.

Now that I lost everything to you
You say you wanna start something new
And its breakin' my heart you're leavin'
Baby, I'm grievin'
But if you want to leave, take good care
I hope you have a lot of nice things to wear
But then a lot of nice things turn out out there.

<Wailing now>

Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by just upon a smile
Oh, baby, baby, it's wild world
I'll always remember you like child, girl

Wasn't that awesome?  (If your answer was no, then get the hell off my blog.  We have obviously have denominational differences) Although, I will admit one point of confusion when it comes to "Wild World."  What is wrong with this Psycho Chick?  This Nice Dude is singing you this awesome song and you're just walking out?  You think you can do better?!  Well, you can't, Bitch!  No one likes you! Gawd, I hate that imaginary woman.  Anyway, I kinda forgot where I was going with this...  Oh, yeah, I love Cat Stevens.  He makes me want to wear flowers in my hair, throw around peace signs, and sing about love and trees and the beauty of life (even though life generally sucks).  Listen, I think, in recent years, the Music Industry has lost something...like talent.  Because between the Brittany Spears, Justin Biebers, and Emos, today's music is kinda of a downer.  Which is great if you want to commit and double homicide or strangle your hamster.  But once you do those things, there's no goin' back, Guys.  You are officially a Hamster Strangler.  Can't live that down.  That being the case, maybe, we should all just relax, listen to a little more Cat Stevens, and remember "we can do what we want.  The opportunities on."


No comments:

Post a Comment