Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Awesomeness of Brothers

"A brother is a friend given by Nature." (Jean Baptiste Legouve)  Sometimes, Yours Truly needs talked off the Ledge.  The Stars Align (or they do in my Head) and I am sure my World is coming to an end.  A Full Blown Panic Attack sets in.  I am hyperventilating.  And in this state, its difficult to talk me down.  Like Sylvia Plath,

"In a rabbit-fear, I may hurl myself under the wheels of the car because the lights terrify me, and under the dark blind death of wheels I will be safe.  I am very tired, very banal, very confused.  I do not know who I am tonight.  I wanted to walk until I dropped and no complete the inevitable circle of coming home."

Try talking me out of that one! Thus, while I love my Friends dearly, they lack the skill necessary to pull me, kicking and screaming, out from under the wheels of my car and, then, calm my wild "rabbit-fear."   Take tonight, for instance, I picked up the phone in tears and called my Brother.   All kidding aside, Guys, I was hyperventilating.  It was bad.  Woe to me.  But, as always, he's calm.  Assures me nothing is wrong.  Nothing is about to fall apart.  Valentines Day is not the Universe's way of signaling Impending Doom.  (Who knew?)  Soon, I am laughing.  "Yes," I say, "You're right.  Its not that bad  I can make it home....thank you.  Can I talk to you later?"  "Yes," is his ever present reply.  I feel better.  It will be okay and I can talk to my brother later tonight. So to all the awesome Brothers out there, you deserve your own holiday.  And to mine, thank you yet again.  "A brother is a friend given by Nature."

No comments:

Post a Comment