Saturday, March 30, 2013

Blue Hair and Sewing Buttons into My Eyes

"Making up a song about Coraline
I will not be intimidated!

She's peach.  She's a doll.  She's a pal of mine.
She's as cute as button in the eyes of everyone who ever laid their eyes on Coraline."

"No way.  You're not sewing button into my eyes."  In case You haven't already guessed, Coraline is one of my favorite films.  The animation is beautiful.  The colors in the film are stunning.  And the storyline is enthralling for young and old alike.  Thus, in honor of Neil Gaiman's masterpiece, today, I am dying my hair blue.  Sure, part of this has to do with the fact I am manic right now, but another part of me, the saner part, likes the idea of being the only blued haired chick at church tonight and tomorrow.  Because, while I believe in Christ, I am making damn sure no one sews buttons into my eyes.  

This awesome little ditty was created by They Might Be Giants.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to use Manic Panic to dye your hair? I bought some the other day (red passion). I haven't used it yet though. I want to get some of their blue hair dye though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I went to a place called Metamorphosis to get it done along with a hair tinsel and a couple of feathers =) But I will have to look into Manic Panic.

      Delete