Thursday, April 18, 2013

In Waking, From Her Nerves, and in Sleep, From Her Dreams

“My sleep wasn't peaceful, though. I have the sense of emerging from a world of dark, haunted places where I traveled alone.”  (Suzanne Collins)  Maybe its the new medication.  Maybe its reality hitting me like a freight train.  Or maybe I am just delusional, but a week of continual nightmares has left me a teary mess. Why, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you: In every dream, I am lonely, heartbroken, and scared.  I search for someone but to no avail.  I am lost and won't be found.  The reason you ask: I am Vampir.  Blood sucking.  Life destroying.  Dead.  Whoever the real Jennifer was got lost in the disease.  No one else can bear up under the weight of me.  The dreams have become so crippling I am afraid to sleep.  “Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.” ~Bram Stoker, Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment