Monday, May 27, 2013

The Impossible

Mark  10: 27: "For men it is impossible, but not for God.  All things are possible for God."

"Well, I'll be bold.  As well as strong.  And use my head alongside my heart.  So take my flesh.  And fix my eyes.  A tethered mind freed from the lies.  I will wait for you." ~Mumford and Sons

"We are exhausted," she says her in best Smeagol voice.  "Stupid fat hobbits tricks us.  Betrays us.  We hates them."  Oh, you're already reading this, aren't you?  Well, hello Folks, just checking in from my hometown of Vincennes, Indiana.  Go Lincoln Alices!  (Actually,  I didn't care that much for my high school and don't give a flying fuck how the Alices are doing)  Being here isn't easy.  Of course, being anywhere isn't easy at the moment.  To make my point, let me just say that I nearly broke down over lunch today due to a sappy and stupid Rascal Flatts song.  You want to know which one, don't you?  Fine.  "God bless the Broken Road"...the song is intrinsically stupid.  A.) It suggests that there is some Fate that is pulling us toward a one true happiness and love.  I highly doubt that B.) What about all those bastards that just find happiness no problem?  See.  Its full of lies.   The truth is I am starting to doubt my own sanity again.  Everything feels hard and the things I want most seem unattainable.  I'm not sure I can have faith the way the Bible verse in Mark suggests or can even summon a small amount of belief to find comfort in a Mumford and Sons song.  What I do know is this: I know what I want and who I want.  I just need to figure out how to get there.  Maybe that is going to take prayer and time so I'll be bold as well as strong, and use my head alongside my heart.  I will wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment