Monday, May 27, 2013

Those Sexy, Sexy Men

“Men are most virile and attractive between the ages of 35 and 55. Under 35 a man has too much to learn, and I don't have time to teach him.” ~Hedy Lamarr

“I would tell anyone who wants something from someone else to feign not wanting it. People are perverse. If you show great affection to them, they'll run the other way.” ~Hedy Lamarr

German actress and bombshell, Hedy Lamarr is one of the most beautiful actresses who ever lived.  Hands down.  She wins.  Sultry.  Sexy.  Everything a girl from Indiana longs to be and isn't.  In fact, I emulate Hedy the same way I yearn intellectually to be like Dorothy Parker.  She is the pinnacle. But here's the problem: I can only ever seem to take half of her advice.  Hedy is dead on when she claims men are sexiest between the ages of 35 and 55.  Yep.  Those are my magic numbers, Folks.  Anything under 35 does have far too much to learn.  And I am still learning myself.  But, that second piece of advice...feign not wanting it.  I have the hardest time with that.  I'm a terrible poker player, you know.  Honestly, you've been reading my blog for how long and you still haven't pick up on that?  You should work on that.  Anyway, as I was saying: Does feigning disinterest work, really?  Pretend you don't want him (or her), and the other person comes running?  Its always seemed mean to me.  Not to mention, an awful lot of fuss.  Why can't I say: I want you.  Its so clear and to the point.  But, then again, who am I to argue with Hedy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment