Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tired: Journey to Camelot

The Lady of Shallot on her final journey

“I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane.”
― John GreenLooking for Alaska
“But that afternoon he asked himself, with his infinite capacity for illusion, if such pitiless indifference might not be a subterfuge for hiding the torments of love.”
― Gabriel Garcí­a MárquezLove in the Time of Cholera
A drizzle compared to a hurricane.  A drizzle aching to be a hurricane.  Something worthy of her desires.  Does indifference hide the torments of love, she wonders with her infinite capacity for illusion?    Yours Truly is tired...of everything right now.  Perhaps, its time to make my journey to Camelot.

But Lancelot mused a little
He said, "She has a lovely face;
God in his mercy lend her grace,
The Lady of Shallot

[edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment