Sunday, May 19, 2013

Waiting: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to heart
The waiting is the hardest part

The waiting is the hardest part.  Its May and Yours Truly is absolutely itching to graduate, so much so, I have been pricing doctoral robes and wishing I lived in Sweden where I could purchase a doctoral ring.  Uh huh, when I finally receive my hood I will obnoxiously deck myself from head to toe in memorabilia that screams: "I have PhD and you don't!  Neener, neener, neener."  We will not speak of the current job market.  Or the fact that I am practicing saying: "Would you like fries with that?"  No.  no. no.  I have plans people.  I will not be detoured. Unfortunately, nothing will happen until next spring.  For an entire year, I must write like crazy, bite my lip, and wait.  And if I were just waiting on my PhD maybe it wouldn't be so hard.  But I'm not.  This Gal is waiting on a whole slew of stuff and the suspense is killing her.  But what can you do other than wait?  You take it on faith, you take it heart.  The waiting is the hardest part.  

1 comment:

  1. Graduating this summer, waiting for news on jobs, waiting for the job market to change. Yep, the waiting is the hardest part. But I guess we've got little to really complain about.

    That skele pic is very accurate :D

    ReplyDelete