Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sentimental Heart: Delete, Delete, Delete

I do not care for the unexpected...and lately, its been all unexpected all the time, so, I did what any mild extrovert with self esteem issues and an anxiety complex would: Deleted all my social networking sites.  (Oh the horror!!) That's right, Folks!  Outside of this blog, Jennifer is offline for the foreseeable future.  Okay, really I've been baby stepping this little endeavor.  In fact, I got off of Facebook over two years ago.  This time around, I just had to let go of my Goodreads account...it was harder to cut the cord than you might expect.  Goodreads has been my Facebook surrogate.  Comforting and nourishing me through my Facebooking withdrawal period.   So, why did I to delete my accounts?  Because there is a hell of a lot I cannot change in my life right now, lots of baggage, lots of hurt, and lots of disappointment, and I can either focus on that fact, and become the Zoey Deschenal song "Sentimental Heart": "Cried all night till there was nothing more.  What use am I as a heap on the floor. Heaving devotion but just its no good.  Taking it hard just like you knew I would."  Or I can move on with my life.  Nothing new and amazing happens when you are a heap on the floor...of course, old habits die hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment