Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Fresh Start

Last night, a friend looked at me and said: "I know why you are leaving South Bend.  Its not about running away.  Its about a fresh start."  I think she is right.  I'm looking for untarnished ground.  Because even if L.M. Montgomery was correct and tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it.  Nobody tells you what to do when you wake up in mistake-covered clothing and stare at your mistake-stained life.  Just leave the marks there as a painful reminder?  Or buy a Tide-Tidy Pen and try to scrub away the Tears and Grime?  I don't know.  But I do know THIS: I do not intend to spend the rest of my life bemoaning my mistakes.  I intend to correct them and move on.  So I fell in Love with a Couple of Asshats?  So Started a Career I do not Want?  So I put on some Weight?  I'm only 30. There's still time.  Dump the Dicks.  Find a New Career.  Lose the Weight.  Its that Simple.  Start fresh and Keep Moving Forward. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, stumbled upon your blog by accident when I was searching for something regarding the Delta Green rpg. Don't really know anything about you besides your last two blog posts, so I'm certainly not qualified to give any kind of comment on your life. But since those two posts imply that you've had similar experiences to mine I decided to comment anyway.

    Basically I simply wanted you to know that another random human being is wishing you well in sticking with your goal of taking control of your life. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete