Thursday, August 15, 2013

Two Years: Not Me

Two years.  For two solid years I have been wondering what is wrong with me.  What part of me is so inadequate that I'm just not worth the effort?  Let me tell you, that's a rough question to wrestle with, Folks.  I'd cry, grieve, pine.  Rinse and Repeat.  Then, one day, quite suddenly, I stopped.  Not sure why.  But like automatic lights, I shut off.  But despite the darkness or maybe because of it, those questions still plagued me. Until tonight that is. Tonight, the answer came to me: Nothing.  Nothing is wrong with me.  Not to be obnoxious or anything, but I'm pretty fucking smart, kinda cute in my own way, and extremely gregarious.  Despite that fact, one person devaluing me made me lose sight of those strengths...for two years. No more.  Whatever the issue is, it has nothing to do with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment