Sunday, October 27, 2013

It Can't Be Quantified

"I remember everything. I remember too much. And some of it's made up, and some of it can't be quantified, and there's secrets, and..."  Tonight, I told my adviser I'm leaving my University in May.  Now, here I sit waiting, nervously, on her reply and thinking about the past couple of years.  Coming out of the closet, so to speak, about being bipolar hasn't been easy.  My close friends have been super supportive, but other reactions have been less than comforting.  And I'm left wondering whether I will ever be whole again.  Whether my life will come back together.  Because right now, everything is in shambles.  Like River Tam, minus the super powers, I remember everything.  I remember too much.  And some of it's made up, and some of it can't be quantified, and there's secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment