Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Nothingness

"Perhaps we find ourselves wanting everything because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing." ~Sylvia Plath Some nights, like tonight, I think I am done with living.  We must exert so much energy to just exist, all the thoughts and feelings that go into one day, one moment.  Its too much.  How can we keep this up?  This constant effort, spinning and toiling and for what?  Is there even a point?  There's Hurt.  Frustration.  Rejection.  But not much in the way of an actual reason for living.  I am so close to wanting nothing now.  And it wasn't a bad day at all.  I'm not hysterical.  In fact, for the most part, it was a lovely time, but when darkness falls, I think of what I want and what I can imagine and the nothingness comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment