Friday, December 20, 2013

Suburbia: Board Games and Problems

One of the hard things about cutting someone out of your life are the things you initially picked up because of him or her.  For me that "thing" was board games.  And perhaps because I am bipolar being left with something I am unwilling to give up is a problem.  You see, I've purged my apartment and my life of things that reminded me of He Who Shall Not Be Named.  A sweet thank you note and all my pottery went flying into the dumpster months ago.  Job well done...except those damned boardgames.  I first picked up only because he liked them.  I wanted to see if I could find them palatable.  What I did not expect was the smorgasbord of goodness I soon discovered.  I went on a gaming binge.  Since then I have picked up a quite a few games that His Nastiness had never played and, as far as I am concerned, I hope he never does.  Those are MY Games now and I've put my stamp on them....because I am Mature that way.  In all seriousness though, it remains a mental problem for me.  It shouldn't but it does.  Of course, it won't really get in the way of my gaming...my next purchase: Suburbia!!  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment