Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sleep or a Lack Thereof

"The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to."  (~F. Scott Fitzgerald)  My days and nights are mixed up.  I hate when that happens.  What makes it worse is that I'm a little anxious all the time.  The prospect of a possible job has me all a flutter which is often a good thing, but not in the evenings.  First, I considered Xanax but, thought better of it.  I'm not upset, you see.  No brown paper bags in my future.  No tears.  Just a slight buzz of anxiety.  Maybe I should drink?  Drinking might help.  I've got rum, tequila, and a frozen Mike's Hard Lemonade in the pantry.  I dunno.  Until I get this whole job situation sorted out, and by that I mean, until I leave South Bend, I think I'm going to just accept the anxiety.  Go with it.  And drink.  I'm definitely going to drink.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment