Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sleepless in Greensburg

Tonight's wintery shit-fest of a snowstorm forced me off the road and into a hotel in Greensburg, Indiana, a little hole in the earth I hope never to see again.  Now, here I am suffering from another sleepless night.  At this point, its 5a.m., I've consumed more trash tv than I'm proud to admit and I'm just waiting for Hampton Inn's continental breakfast to be served at six...or to die, whichever comes first.  Cause what else is there?  Honestly, I don't know the answer to that question, but whatever it is I shall face it all with resolute determination and a stiff upper lip (I'm a liar.  You'll find me curled up in a corner in the fetal position).  In all honesty, I think the weather freaking me out.  I've checked the AccuWeather Forecast about a hundred times tonight.  Now, normally, I face winter storms like a trooper, by which I mean I refuse to prepare (seven years of lake effect snow will do that to you), but, tonight/this morning, I'm uneasy.  I have a job interview in Lexington to get to and suddenly the roads seem dangerous, like everything else in my life. I'm not sure there's a point to this post other than stating that at the moment everything feels scary and I really need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment