Saturday, March 8, 2014

Because You Are Precious in My Eyes

Isaiah 43:4-5: "Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you."  These are the verses we prayed over at the Bible study retreat I attended this morning.  As we prayed, a funny thing happened to me.  I remembered how far God has brought in the last two years.  In January of 2012, I was severely suicidal, suffering from a broken heart, and in the midst of a bipolar episode.  By Spring of 2013, though the suicidal symptoms were dissipating, I was still being lead on, still aching, still cutting my arms, and still attending crisis counseling, along with my scheduled therapist sessions, on a regular basis.  Now, here we are March of 2014 and I haven't cut my arms in nearly a year.  The heartbreak is gone.  I am sane and whole.  There are still remnants of the past that hurt now and again, but those are mere twinges compared to the devastation that once wracked my entire body.  Throughout my darkest period, I had people praying for me on a daily basis and I know God brought me through.  Now, I'm facing different types of storms in my life, but this time around I choose to believe God is with me.   I may not know what the future holds but I believe the Lord will not forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment