Monday, March 10, 2014

Goodbye Heartache?

A funny thing is happening.  Each day, I get a little closer to deleting this weblog.  You'd think ridding myself of the past would be easy but its not.  There's this part of me that cannot quite let go of the memory of those two painful years.  Maybe its natural.  Perhaps its easier to cling to the evil you know than wander into uncharted territory.  To step into a new day, free, unshackled from the baggage you so tenderly carried for so long. That's the scary part, you know, letting go of that baggage.  In fact, each day, I still have to make a conscious effort to focus on the here and now, whether that's applying for jobs, working out, or reading a book, rather than losing myself in the past, picking up the memories, questions, and anxieties that still haunt me.  Because while my life has ceased to be a "Good Morning Heartache," I still wonder when the phantom pains will finally end.

Billie Holiday singing "Good Morning Heartache"


No comments:

Post a Comment